I started Greenline Editing more than 20 years ago (formerly Greenline Editorial Services). A belief in the power of words and the ideas they express has driven my interest in writing and editing. I started as a devoted public school student in the 1970s, completing every grammar worksheet diligently. I have two degrees in English and creative writing, was the managing editor for a literary magazine, then found my way into textbook publishing. My career at several major textbook publishers included jobs as a copy editor, production editor, and developmental editor. I learned many sides of the publishing process–from how to create visual content to deep editing of manuscripts, and more.
I also have the privilege of editing articles and dissertations for faculty and doctoral students. This editing is the most significant part of my business; and it is a pleasure to support the brilliant work of those in the academy. For those of you who are creative writers, my heart is with you (and my editing skills). I have edited self-published novels, children’s books, and memoir.
I am devoted to each editing project and use the depth and breadth of my experience to bring your voice and vision to its highest level. I listen to how you describe your project so that we can clarify the tasks that will capitalize on your strengths, address the challenges, and create a written piece that highlights and clarifies your message.
My 25 years of experience means that over the decades I have developed the skills to address just about everything related to the written word–from the details of editing references and in-text citations to developing the logical progression of an argument, plus attending to consistency, voice, and tone.
Credentials and Experience
- BFA in Writing and Literature from Emerson College, with a minor in French
- MFA in English from The University of Iowa Writers Workshop (poetry)
- Managing Editor of AGNI, a literary magazine
- Instructor for composition and literature courses at Boston University, The University of Massachusetts/Boston, Northeastern University, and Emerson College
- Part-time lecturer at the MIT Writing and Communication Center
- Three consecutive grants from the Somerville Arts Council in Massachusetts to teach memoir writing to senior citizens in Massachusetts
- Production Editor at Houghton Mifflin, Pearson Education
- Developmental Editor for college textbooks, Pearson Education, McGraw-Hill, Wiley, Cengage Learning
- Presented and recorded a webinar on the process of developmental editing for the Text and Academic Authors Association.